Sunday 14 September 2008

The Sultans Elephant

La Machine which was a Giant Spider called La Princess was incredible. It changed the whole way I look at the city of Liverpool, the city I have spent most of my life. 

The company responsible ARTICHOKE are a British/French colabaration who do large scale spectacles of this kind. THEY ARE AWSOME. They represent an Idea that I whole heartly believe in and therefore I wanted to post a short entry dedicated just to them.

In 2006 they staged an event in London called the "The Sultans Elephant" which left the city spellbound much in the same way La-Princess left Liverpool. I have therefore included a clip, which in-itself is breathtaking (I can only image how amazing it would be to see it with my own eyes).

I ask that anyone who reads/watches try and  keep the name of this company in mind (ARTICHOKE).  I expect that with the quality they produce they will be in demand and may come to a city near you at some point in the future. Therefore I would encourage everyone to go and see them if you get the chance. I missed them when they came to London and now I know what they are all about I wont be letting that happen again. 

Anyhow....enjoy!!!!

  

1 comment:

frebro said...

Wow, that's incredible! I had seen a video of the girl before, but not of the elephant. It's huge! I like the clever ways they use to integrate the operators into the scene to create a fantasy scene.