Sunday 7 September 2008

Morrising-ing in the Rain

Its 2008, Liverpool is over halfway into its "City of Culture Year" and this weekend saw the highlight of the year. Touted as the centerpiece of the celebrations, yes this weekend the city was under the magic spell of "La Machine" a giant spider that is currently still romping through the cities streets.

To coincide with this spectacle a limited number of people were also given the very special treat of witnessing the first public performance by the "Morris-men"... the bookies favorites to be the key component at the 2012 Olympic Opening ceremony.

To qoute one bystander "These guys are awesome, death defying and I would describe as more stunt men, than dancers".

With memories still very much alive in our minds of the fantastic showcase that was the Beijing Opening ceremony, the "Morris-Men" promise to deliver in London. I am sure you will agree that given the chance these guys are going blow the world away.

Two things to note :Unfortunately I had some technical problems with my camera so I was unable to capture all the audio, therefore I have used a downloaded version from iTunes of the actual music that was being played.

Also, I must warn you that the Morris-Men are using real Weapons and in the intrests of "Health and Safety" I advise anyone watching this clip, not to try and recreate anything you see here at home.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy!

(WARNING : THIS CLIP DOES GO ON A BIT...ITS ABOUT 6 MINS LONG..THEREFORE DONT FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE WHOLE THING... MORRIS DANCING IS A BIT REPETITIVE AND AFTER A ABOUT 40 SECONDS YOU HAVE SEEN IT ALL)


No comments: