Wednesday 10 September 2008

March of La Machine (Post 1)

One of the problems being a Tech-nomad is that its very difficult to do all the things you want to do. I have lots of mini projects, locked away in my mind but I never seem to be able to get all the things in the right place at the right time to do them. Its mainly because I am always on the move and even though I take as much with me as possible, I always seem to forget something or something fails to work. The latest failure is my mobile broadband, It just cant handle video upload and hence knackered the post I had been planning the last few days.

I am moaning because I had planned to post some video footage, which I have been very excited about (No, not those stupid Morris Dancers) . The footage which I am referring too, was filmed during an amazing event which took place in Liverpool (UK) last weekend the 4th,5th,6th and 7th of Sept, in which "La Machine" a 60ft tall 37 tonne Mechanical Spider crawled around the city. I captured quite a lot of the event on camera. My plan had been to upload my own personal account of the event but unfortunately 3G just cant handle my Video upload demands.

Therfore I will save my full review untill the weekend and upload my video when I get back to the Mother-ship on Saturday.

However...thanks to the wonders of Web2.0 I can post a link to someone else's video ( a clip I found on YouTube which is probably better than anything I filmed ...but we will have to wait and see). Hopefully for anyone who followed my tweets on Twitter over the weekend this video should help fill in the blanks that I struggled to comunicate in 140 character bursts.

No comments: