Friday 19 September 2008

Breather...

"I am breaking down, physically, mentally and economically" .  

My overtrained body has kicked in its defenses, I lost just under 12 lbs in 4 weeks by ramping up my training, cutting back on alcohol and restricting carbohydrate intake after 6pm. It seemed to work for a while but the last few days I have been grounded and now I have stopped my muscles seem to have given up. Stiff joints, cramps that wake me up from my restless sleep and now the most annoying pain in the neck (I know where the old cliche gets its fame).

As well as all this I have noticed that dramatically cutting down on the Carbs causes your mind to play tricks on you. I have been plagued by  a "Doom Cloud" as the world seems to have gone crazy and I cant for the life of me work out if its real or a manifestation of carb starvation.  

Therefore I have decided to get a grip and chill out, its time to take a breather. My individual March has come to a brief stop, to give myself to take stock. I will reduce my running back to 4.5 miles, re-introduce a small quantity of Carbs to my main dinner and may even have a glass of wine with my dinner! 

Therefore as I feel I have reached my lowest ebb, and as the world seems to be doing the same I have decided to conclude this post by bringing your attenion to a video from the artist Sean Williams. This is a collaboration track with NIN artist Trent Reznor and they are coverering the classic U2 track "Sunday Bloody Sunday", within its frames they have captured a small whisp of the "Doom Cloud". 

Anyhow I am of to get jacked up on rice pudding (the new Prozac), catch you later.
   
 

 

No comments: